“Honey, this is the best pizza you have ever made!” ~ My husband
Every other week we have a family pizza night and with our various food restrictions and preferences, I always end up making a few different kinds of pizza to make sure everyone is accounted for within our budget. This week I took on making a THM friendly S pizza, so that we could enjoy all the delicious cheese and toppings we wanted! It was a hit! YUM!!!
Trim Healthy Mama has a similar pizza crust recipe called “Speedy Thin Crust Pizza”, so I used this recipe and one I found at AskGeorgie.com to come up with an awesome version of my own! This crust held together nicely, although there may be a few changes I would make next time. But, it was definitely worth making!
Trim, Healthy Tuesday (THM): Grain-Free S Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal, optional
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 tbsp italian seasoning, or the equivalent of the italian herbs basil, parsley, and oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste, if desired
- 1-2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped, optional
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Toppings of choice: cooked chicken, diced veggies, sliced onions, mushrooms, spinach, turkey pepperoni, roasted red peppers
- Mix together egg whites, coconut flour, flax meal (if using), 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, and seasonings.
- Using 9×15 cookie sheet, set out a piece of parchment paper on the tray and spray it/oil it to keep things from sticking (I did not do this and it was a pain in the bottom to remove the pizza once cooked).
- Pour pizza crust mixture onto the sprayed parchment paper lined cookie sheet and spread around as evenly as possible, making sure to get to the corners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 450F, or until cooked through all over.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before adding desired toppings. I LOVE fresh basil with pizza for a more authentic taste, but use whatever strikes your fancy. We really loaded ours up.
- Put back into the oven and bake at 450F for 5-10 minutes, until toppings have baked up and cheese has melted. Broil on high for a few minutes to brown the crust, if desired.
- Slice up and enjoy! A hearty side salad topped with flavorful S delights is a great addition to this yummy pizza.
Who Doesn’t Love a Good Cheesy Pizza?
I hope this pizza crust works as well for your family as it did for mine! What a great thing to enjoy a guilt-free pizza and not worrying about suffering the after effects of it, let alone the price tag of buying pizza from the normal pizza chains!
What kind of pizza is your personal favorite? What are your favorite pizza toppings?
- 10 Ways to Bless the Mom of Littles
- Back-to-School Homeschooling Tips