Today I am going to share with you one of the most delicious chocolate chip cookie recipes I have ever tasted! I am in LOVE with almond flour in baked goods. The final texture is always such a moist and luscious medley in my mouth. I have made this cookie several times for company and always get asked for the recipe by a mouth that is curling with delight. This recipe works well with the Trim Healthy Mama guidelines, but there are a few ways to make the cookie that are not Trim Healthy Mama approved, so I will make side notes to those substitutions. The way I make the cookie, though, is purely the Trim Healthy Mama way, which makes them a solid S delight! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe was inspired by this one, posted at Meaningful Eats.
Makes about 50 cookies with 2 cookies a serving.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (regular is preferred to keep the coconut flavor out, but if you like the coconut flavor virgin coconut oil will add the extra boost of superfood power)
- 1/2 erythritol or xylitol (I use xylitol), an alternative for this that is not on plan would be simply 3/4 cup brown sugar, honey, or agave, though the liquid sweeteners may need to be reduced a bit to not alter the texture of the final cookie
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a cookie tray with parchment paper (I prefer parchment paper over spraying the pan since I get a clean removal of baked goods this way, where as the spray is hit or miss for me).
- Combine softened butter, coconut oil, sweeteners, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the almond flour one cup at a time, mixing well with each addition.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined (I find a fork works best for the addition of the chips to equally distribute the chips without splattering batter all over the kitchen…or so I’ve heard ::wink, wink::)
- Scoop out batter using a small spoon (teaspoon sized), keeping the cookies to about a tablespoon’s worth or so of batter. They are not huge cookies, but since I love to see a LOAD of cookies all over the place when I bake, keeping them smaller serves us well. The final baked cookie is about 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-14 minutes, or until golden brown all around. Let the cookies cool for several minutes before transferring them to a cooling tray, then allow them to cool for a bit longer. These are delicious either warm or cool, but they will fall apart more easily the warmer they are. Enjoy!
Calories 210, Fat 18.8g, Carbs 9.1 g, Protein 4.6g
What About You?
This week I found a steal on a 3-tier cookie rack at Aldi’s that I snatched up the moment I saw it! $6 was a beautiful price and I have been thrilled with it. Now I only need to take up one space on my counter for cookie cooling. What is your favorite unexpected thrifty find?