Welcome back to this week’s Foodsy Tuesday! My mouth is watering just preparing to tell you about this recipe…
Have you ever had a recipe come alive in your mind as you looked over another recipe?
That was this recipe for me!
I had it in mind to make a ratatouille, but then I wanted something a little “more.” Oh, delicious heavenly yum! This dish got 16 thumbs up all around our dinner table! The survey says, “WINNER!”
If you’re a THM follower, this is a solid E dish because of the chickpeas, and any added brown rice will help land you there safely. I’ll leave you to determine your portion sizes (I hope you can stop…I couldn’t!)
And, BONUS, there is nothing in this dish that contains gluten, and adding grain is optional, so as long as legumes (chickpeas) are something that works for your body, this dish will be sure to please your palette…or I’d be shocked to hear that you were deeply disappointed in it. If so, I’m terribly sorry, but can we still hang out? =0)
P.S. Make sure to check out the info at the end of the post for the killer Kindle deals going on for a limited time! I’m TOTALLY snatching up some of them, too!
Sausage Chickpea Ratatouille (THM E)
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 zucchinis, cut in half and sliced into small quarter slices
- 1 package of 5 chicken sausage links, sliced into thin pennies (we LOVE Trader Joe’s brand, which is pork-free, gluten-free, and icky-stuff free…YES! We used the Garlic-flavored one)
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 5 cups chickpeas, soaked and cooked beforehand (or 3 cans, if you prefer)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- pepper, to taste
- Sautee diced onions in pan on medium-high heat until translucent.
- Add diced pepper, zucchini, and diced sausage links and stir often until the sausage is fully cooked through (should be just a few minutes).
- Add in canned tomatoes, chickpeas, and seasoning to taste.
- Let simmer through until bubbly on top and heated throughout.
- Enjoy on top of cooked brown rice, if desired (but remember to stick to THM parameters for an E-meal, if following the plan).
14 Great Books on SALE for Kindle for a Limited Time! $2.99 (or less) Each!
I just had to throw this in because I got wind today that the following 14 amazing Christian living books are on sale for a limited time through Amazon’s Kindle program and I did not want to be the one to hog all the awesomeness.
I am SO excited to see these books available at this serious discount! I can’t wait to read them all!
Just click the link (aff links…thanks for the support) with each picture below to read more about the book or head to Amazon for the deal!