Yesterday I wanted to put together a nice family breakfast. I really was not sure what I wanted it to be, but I knew I wanted protein, flavor, and sustenance. This is what I came up with; a delicious Trim Healthy Mama S breakfast delight! We paired it with a fruit salad, which included some light crossover components (orange and banana slices), but you could leave these out and just enjoy some berries with it. I upped the salt content for the recipe to hopefully bring out the delightful flavors even more, but if you are salt sensitive or prefer less, adjust accordingly. Enjoy!
Quick & Easy Egg Breakfast Bake (THM S)
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup egg whites
- 3 pieces nitrite/nitrate-free turkey bacon, sliced into small pieces
- 1 cup mixed greens (kale, spinach, etc.)
- ¼ orange pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- pepper, to taste
- avocado, sliced (optional topping)
- cheese, if desired (optional…not pictured)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 8×8 baking pan with oil or spray, as desired.
- Mix eggs and egg whites together until yolks are completely mixed.
- Add other ingredients up to spices and mix together thoroughly.
- Add spices and mix to ensure even flavors.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until middle of dish is cooked through.
- Slice into 9 servings, and top each with a few pieces of avocado.
*This post is linked over at The Prairie Homestead Barn Hop! Check out this and other awesome links around the web that encourage a life towards self-sufficiency and simplicity. God bless.