It’s that time of year again: PUMPKIN EVERYTHING TIME!!!
Ok, maybe I am alone in this seasonal connection…nahhhh. If my FB feed tells me anything, in this matter of seasonal association, FALL = Pumpkin time. And, I could not possibly love it more. [Tweet “Enjoy fall flavors with #trimhealthymama FP Pumpkin Pie Cake! Yum!”]
This week I was reading Ecclesiastes again, and something jumped out to me this time. Food is something that must be enjoyed in the moment. You really can’t just save it and set it aside to enjoy for a later time. It is one thing for which we must truly be fully present for in the moment, or it will literally rot away and we will miss it.
So, here’s to your full enjoyment of your food delights! May they please the palette, the heart, and your health =0)
Pumpkin Pie Cake – Fuel Pull (THM FP)
This recipe comes from Stacy over at Stacy Makes Cents. Her version (which I cannot seem to track down online) was a single-lady size serving, but in the Filter house, we don’t do food small. Everything comes in family size portions, so I had to amend it to fit our family. Thanks for the inspiration, Stacy!
- ½ cup oat fiber
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp glucomannan
- 1 cup xylitol and heavy dash of pure stevia extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups egg whites
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add all ingredients into mixing bowl and mix well.
- Prepare 8×13 baking pan with oil or spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through in the middle (will be soft, but should be firm).
- Let cool, and then top with ⅓ less fat cream cheese mixed with dash of vanilla and a sprinkle of stevia.