Hello, and Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here!
My name is Julie.
We have been blessed with seven beautiful children so far and welcome our Abba’s continued blessings as He sees fit. To date, we have four lovely young girls, and three bubbly boys, all of whom abound with energy and sass which keeps us on our toes.
I would not have it any other way.
Becoming a wife and mother have been the greatest and most empowering experiences of my life, coupled with many doses of humility and self-amusement.
I have never grown more in character and spirit as I have since the Lord decided to groom me through the eyes of my husband and my children.
They have been the best refining fire I could have requested.
Blogging is something to which I have felt called since before it was even “a thing.” I dabbled in it for years, but was finally pushed into it by the Lord’s hand in 2013, when He revealed to me that He has given me gifts specifically meant for this use and I needed to get my rear in gear and use them.
So, I gulped a HUGE gulp, said, “Ok, Lord,” and Savvy Homemaking was born.
My hope above all hopes, though, is that this is a place for renewal, strength, and a continual refocusing on our Heavenly Abba and what He is calling each of us to do uniquely and specifically.
Tid-bits About Me:
- I am a fraternal twin, and we are pretty much complete opposites
- According to the Myers-Briggs personality test, I am an INTJ, so I’m a big-picture thinker, studier of humanity, and strategically-minded person, who doesn’t waver in my values
- I would have to categorize my faith as a follower of the Way, the Truth, and the Light. I place the infallibility of scripture above all else, study the Torah and God’s Laws as the plumb line of righteousness, and seek to understand and apply them as Christ did, while continually being incredibly thankful for the atonement He gave for me.
- Nearly every day you will find me on Instagram for #coffeewiththeking. If you are looking for a reminder to get in the Word, this is a great community to do so.
- We live in a 30′ Travel trailer with our 7 kids. It is loud, crazy, and often makes me head hurt and spin, but I value all of the amazing lessons we continue to learn along the way
- I am currently working towards several birth professional certifications, including postpartum doula, birth doula, breastfeeding counselor, and childbirth educator. Birth is an amazing privilege that we women get to experience, in all its messy glory, and it is an amazing honor to assist other women in their motherhood journey.
- I am an introvert, but I am not shy at all…I just get re-energized by solitude rather than interaction
- I prefer philosophical discussions over the mundane aspects of life ANY DAY
- The Lord continues to teach me about His amazing LOVE every. single. day. It starts with Him, extends to self-love, and then to loving others. I shall never tire of this single topic.
- I crave and have always been drawn to simplicity, even though it seems oxymoronic with 7 kids. I have mastered nothing, but continue to learn and understand the blessings of the simple life one step at a time.
- Blogging is a difficult practice for me, simply because of the realities of our home life during this season, BUT I value the outlet and the community it offers, so I press on for myself and those it may help
- I have several books in mind that I work on intermittently regarding God’s Love, self-love, and walking in His purpose for each person.
- As soon as I am able, I will be working towards certification as a Life Coach. I can’t WAIT for that journey to begin!
I hope to see you around!
So, that’s enough about me. I hope to hear from you in comments on the blog, or responses on Facebook, or interactions on Instagram. But, no matter what I surely hope that this blog is a blessing to your life at home.
Shalom, and God bless!